VISSION - MISSION
“By 2015, SHTP is to become a
technology and science city that will greatly enhance the economic,
technological, and intellectual base of Ho Chi Minh City and the Southern
Economic Region of Vietnam and that will ultimately serve as a model for
Vietnam technological innovation, intellectual capital development, and
SHTP Main Entrance
- 1- Create a business-oriented, financially and
technologically favorable environment to attract foreign investment in
- 2- Enable Vietnam to “leapfrog” into strategic
- 3- Enable the development/acceleration of the high-tech
supporting sectors in Vietnam.
- 4- Facilitate the transfer of technology to targeted
industries and domestic companies.
- 5- Enable the commercialization of science and technology.
- 6- Accelerate and sustain the economic development of HCMC
and the Southern Economic Region of Vietnam directly, and ultimately
Goals & Objectives
- 1- Position the Park as Vietnam’s premier manufacturing,
research and development facility to enable and support a range of high
- 2- Attract major multinational companies with key
technologies and facilitate the development and transfer of technologies
to domestic companies.
- 3- Provide a secure, nurturing, and collaborative
environment between the Park, domestic incubators, start-up and high-growth
- 4- Create a mixed-use development anchored by
multinational and domestic companies.
- 5- Foster collaborations between the Park, its tenants,
and human resource development institutions (National University, other
universities, training institutions ,etc).
- 6- Facilitate the exchanges and collaborations of
technology between the SHTP R&D Center and other research
institutions, national agencies, tenants, universities, and companies.
- 7- Leverage the relationships with overseas Vietnamese
professionals, executives, and investors to enable and stimulate
marketing, promotion, investment, and technical development.
- 8- Leverage technologies and facilitate the invigoration
of supporting industries.
- 9- Develop and accelerate the Technical and Professional
- 10- Maximize synergy between Park activity and national
- 11- Maximize interaction among tenants, suppliers, and
- 12- Minimize upfront infrastructure costs
while creating momentum with an initial success.